Every five years any welder holding a CWT must renew the certification.The renewal process is as follows:
1. Submit CWT renewal order form and renewal fee of $95 USD (per renewal). This price includes fees for the laboratory tests.
2. Fill out the renewal form.
3. Provide a resume showing 500,000 square feet (45,000 meters squared) welded within the past five years.
4. Submit one field-welded polyethylene sample for each seam type subject to renewal, made in the presence of a third-party observer, to one of the two approved independent laboratories. (see page 8)
5. Have third-party observer sign off on renewal form.
6. The renewal will be processed and successful CWTs will have their certification renewed for another five (5) years. A new wallet card and certificate will be sent to them.
Complete documents for renewal: